“We are continuing our work to increase our trading volume by making adjustments to increase efficiency within our 100% fully occupied space. We are also considering adding a 334,000 square meter land to the east of the free zone as an expansion area. If this happens, it will be possible to increase our annual trade volume another $1 billion USD. We are studying the matter and making progress.”
– Edvar Mum, CEO
Comprehensive list of incentives to invest in Turkey’s free zones
- 100% exemption from customs duties and other assorted duties.
- 100% exemption from corporate income tax for manufacturing companies.
- 100% exemption from value-added tax (VAT) and special consumption tax.
- 100% exemption from stamp duty for applicable documents.
- 100% exemption from income tax on employees’ wages (for companies that export at least 85% of the FOB value of the goods they produce in the free zones).
- Goods can remain in free zones for an unlimited period.
- Companies are free to transfer profits from free zones to abroad as well as to Turkey, without restrictions.
At a glance
|Average registration cost (USD)||$5,000|
|Average registration waiting period||3 weeks|
|Single point of contact for all administration?||YES|
|Industrial space available?||YES|
|Office space available?||YES|
|Average office space cost (USD per m2)||$4.00-$8.00 / month|
|Average industrial cost (USD per m2)||$2.50-$3.00 / month|
|Corporate bank account||ANY BANK WITH BRANCH IN FREE ZONE|