“Our free zone has excelled. We are the first investors in our free zone. We built factories in it. Now 70% is comprised of foreign investment. They were satisfied with our services and brought their partners. Chinese firms referred us to the Chinese firms, Indians to Indians, Germans to Germans.” – Kemal Şahin, Founder & Chairman of Avrupa Free Zone
Comprehensive list of incentives to invest in Turkey’s free zones
- 100% exemption from customs duties and other assorted duties.
- 100% exemption from corporate income tax for manufacturing companies.
- 100% exemption from value-added tax (VAT) and special consumption tax.
- 100% exemption from stamp duty for applicable documents.
- 100% exemption from income tax on employees’ wages (for companies that export at least 85% of the FOB value of the goods they produce in the free zones).
- Goods can remain in free zones for an unlimited period.
- Companies are free to transfer profits from free zones to abroad as well as to Turkey, without restrictions.
At a glance
|Average registration cost (USD)||$5,000|
|Average registration waiting period||4 weeks|
|Single point of contact for all administration?||YES|
|Industrial space available?||YES|
|Office space available?||YES|
|Corporate bank account||ANY BANK IN TURKEY|
|Average office space cost (USD per m2)||$10.00 – 13.00 / month|
|Average industrial space cost (USD per m2)||$3.00 – 10.00 / month|