“We want investors to focus only on their business: producing and exporting. We provide all the services of human resources, healthcare, waste management, food supply, logistical services, resolution of disputes with the management, land selection, zoning plans, new investment assessment and approval, cheap energy supply, infrastructure, etc. We do not want investors to deal with bureaucracy.” – Aydın Erdemir, Chairman
Comprehensive list of incentives to invest in Turkey’s free zones
- 100% exemption from customs duties and other assorted duties.
- 100% exemption from corporate income tax for manufacturing companies.
- 100% exemption from value-added tax (VAT) and special consumption tax.
- 100% exemption from stamp duty for applicable documents.
- 100% exemption from income tax on employees’ wages (for companies that export at least 85% of the FOB value of the goods they produce in the free zones).
- Goods can remain in free zones for an unlimited period.
- Companies are free to transfer profits from free zones to abroad as well as to Turkey, without restrictions.
At a glance
|Average registration cost (USD)||$5,000|
|Average registration waiting period||4 weeks|
|Single point of contact for all administration?||YES|
|Industrial space available?||YES|
|Office space available?||YES|
|Corporate bank account||CENTRAL BANK OF THE REPUBLIC OF TURKEY|
|Average office space cost (USD per m2)||$5.00 / month|
|Average industrial space cost (USD per m2)||$2.00 / month|